We are searching for a Director of AI to join the executive team reporting to the CEO, who has been leading technical decision-making in this area and is looking forward to handing it off to someone even more capable.
The AI team is an applied research team responsible for developing the core perception, planning, optimization, and learning methods that drive the robot’s behavior.
Do you want to get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing VC-backed robotic automation company? Join Pickle Robot! We’re a diverse team of 30 full-time employees teaching off-the-shelf robot arms how to pick (get it?) and stack boxes so we can load trucks. Our goal is to work alongside people in the very messy world of the warehouse & loading dock, reducing the backbreaking human effort that goes into getting e-commerce orders to your door. Having picked our millionth production package and completed a successful funding round this year, we’re moving beyond development & testing to an even more exciting stage: getting our robots moving faster, more reliably, and deployed across North America. That’s where you come in.
- You are a rare bird with battle scars from having gone deep in the weeds of the dual black arts of function approximation and nonlinear optimization.
- Maybe you have a PhD; maybe you don’t. Maybe your background is in CS, or maybe it’s in - Mechanical Engineering.
- You agree with us that dexterous manipulation is right next to self-driving at the frontier of where AI meets commercial applications in the physical world.
- You are excited to mentor young, brilliant, and hardworking engineers on your team.
- AI@Pickle is currently 5 people, and you are excited to recruit and lead dozens more people over the next couple of years.
- You are looking forward to splitting your time between teaching, learning, delegating, and rolling up your sleeves and wrestling with implementation details or writing code.