Location: Twyford, M4 Corridor - Reading, Slough, Bracknell, Maidenhead, Bracknell.
The Business Ross Robotics (www.ross-robotics.co.uk) makes robots for the real world. Our modular ground-based UGV robot platforms are rugged to survive in the harshest environments, and easily extensible to carry a range of tools and sensors. Our platforms have been used at CERN in the Large Hadron Collider and the National Physical Laboratory, and we specialise in platforms for use in HVDC halls for renewable energy installations.
The Role We’re recruiting for a smart, enthusiastic robotics software engineer to join our growing team. You’ll be involved in the full lifecycle of software development, from architectural design and planning, through to the delivery of well-designed, testable and efficient code. We’re a close-knit team with a passion for robotics and new tech. Want to join us?
- Collaborate on system architecture and design;
- Write well-designed functional code, and integrate components into the full platform;
- Develop automated software test plans and quality assurance procedures;
- Document and maintain software functionality;
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems.
- Experienced Software Engineer / Software Developer / Architect;
- High proficiency in C++ (Linux and embedded);
- Linux kernel, ideally in robotics or other low-latency applications;
- Optional proficiency and demonstrable experience in Robotics Operating System (ROS.org) and UAVCAN (uavcan.org);
- Understanding of networked systems and protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, CAN, other);
- Proficiency in Git or other version control tools;
- Degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Engineering or other relevant field.
- Embedded systems, simulators (Gazebo), deploying code on hardware;
- Electronics knowledge and experience;
- Networking and comms (ethernet, adaptive RF, COFDM);
- Experience of working and deploying software over distributed systems / architectures;
- Docker experience
- Opportunity for hybrid working;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Flexible hours;
- 25 days paid holiday and no cap unpaid holidays;
- Options scheme offered after 1 year
Email email@example.com and tell us about what you do.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE