Ascento Robotics is committed to building agile and versatile mobile robots that can go wherever humans can go. Our unique solution combines the best of two worlds: It uses the versatility of legs to overcome steps and obstacles and the efficiency of wheels for a fast, energy- and cost-efficient locomotion. This makes our platform the ideal mobile robot for real-world deployment for many applications such as inspection, security and delivery use cases. Join us on our mission to bring the Ascento system to the real world.
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our software team and contribute to developing and improving our core software stack. As a member of a small and versatile team, you will develop, integrate and maintain the whole stack. From programming microcontrollers to mapping and navigation algorithms. You will develop modular, testable software that enables Ascento to be autonomous and useful for the industry. You will work closely together with our controls team while always staying flexible to take on new challenges. The goal is to improve the Ascento robot to work reliably and safely. The ideal candidate should demonstrate teamwork, proactivity, ownership and have a strong desire for solving exciting and challenging problems.
- Maintaining and development of a software stack in C, C++, Python and Bash
- API development and testing
- Integration of various high level components to the system (cloud platforms, web guis, autonomy stacks, monitoring service etc.)
- Low level integration and testing including sensor (cameras, 4G/5G, etc.) and actuator integration
- Collaborate closely with an agile and dynamic multi-disciplined team, including experts in the fields of hardware and software development
- Strong programming skills in C++, Python, ROS
- Strong track record with robotic system development
- Experience with CAN is a plus
- A lot of energy and passion to bring the Ascento robot to the market
- Flexible and hands-on mentality
- Team player with eagerness to work in a dynamic startup environment
- Good command of spoken/written English
We offer you a thrilling and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of an exciting startup and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the mobile robotics landscape, a chance to shape and take ownership from day one, an adequate initial salary with an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the heart of Zurich.
Equality of opportunity is exceptionally important to us. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available regardless of their personal or social background.