The field application engineer at Septentrio supports the sales managers in the pre-sales process with his/her technical expertise about GNSS and GNNS/INS positioning systems. He/she also guides our OEM and systems customers through the evaluation and integration of our highly capable GNSS and GNS/INS positioning systems. You will become fluent in Septentrio’s: GNSS+ technologies, on-receiver web UI, advanced commands interface, GNSS/INS data analysis and post-processing software tools, and cloud-based monitoring offerings. You will do so in close cooperation with our sales, as well as our engineering and product management teams. Your continuous feedback will help define the roadmap for our next generation of products. As a candidate with international ambitions, you will receive intensive training about our products and applications for 6 months, then you’ll become part of the China (Shanghai).
- This position will report to the country manager in China
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You have a Master or Phd in Electronical Engineering or communications systems / computer science or equivalent.
- You have a good understanding of hardware & software integration, preferably experience with GNSS receivers, UHF Radios, Cellular Modems, WiFi routers, serial interfaces, etc.
- You are comfortable with engineer-to-engineer engagements
- You can communicate the workings of a complex engineering products/process in a straightforward unassuming manner
- You are comfortable in a customer facing role, and passionate about what you do.
- You are a self-starter and want the team to succeed.
- You are open to an international experience and are willing to join a training period for 6 months in Belgium.